About Me

My photo
Studing abroad in Australia at the University of Sunshine Coast!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spring Break ~Sept 20, 2010~

So I have been a little late with the updates...oops. I wish I could say I have been really really busy, but not really. It's spring break and everyone is off on really amazing vacations. Kelly, Danielle, Seb and David are together right now road tripping down from Cairns. Tons of people went to do that actually. As well as sailing on the Great Barrier Reef, staying at hostels, going out, sleeping under the stars and relaxing on beaches upon beaches. ANYWAY. I've been trying to keep busy. Ben took me to Eumundi Markets last Wed, Robby came with us and we met up with crutchy Matt and his gf Jenna. Justin was there with a friend, so was Gus and Anton, but we didn't see them. It was like a giant flea market full of Aussie stuff, it was so cool!! I got a couple really cool anklets, one has a tiny shark tooth on it! Ben got a shirt, we got some cinnamon sugar macadamia nuts and almonds, salt and pepper calamari with garlic mayo and sweet chilli aioli, YUM!! There were tons of free samples, kettle corn, banana smoothies, and candies! (which they call "lollies"). Ben got an American burrito, I got a banana and nutella crepe and Robby got a wild berry custard crepe. We shared ^_^ It was gorgeous out, the weather was fabulous, and the smells were amazing and there was music and hundreds of people! After that we drove our friend Kat (last name Stevens haha) to the airport at Maroochydore. Then we met up with Dave, Vigi and Josh (the Buderim boys from Darwin) at the beach in Mooloolaba. Perfect weather! We got some Boost juice (it's like Naked juices) Mmmmm, so good. Ben went to the gym and I hung out with Dave, Vigi and Josh at the Buderim boys house. I stayed for dinner, tacos and guac that Anton's dad Jamie made (DELICIOUS!) Met a girl named Molly from North Carolina, but not a hick kinda, from some islands. She surfs, here for a year, works at a restaurant in Mooloolaba, and was really cool. The next day, Ben took me to Noosa (which is just like Newport) and we met up with Jenna and Matt. Me and Jenna walked around the shops after lunch. So beautiful! The boys gambled on the dogs and horses, and Jenna hit the pokies.
I should go back further, Lukes roommates going away party was AWESOME! I was the only American there (so cool) 2 french guys, and a french girl. Otherwise there were like 20 aussies there. We drank Corona's had a BBQ, partied all night, it was awesome. Luke's roommates and their girlfriends were really cool! We watched the Incredibles the next day, cute movie. Bud Tav has been really fun, last Sunday was really crazy, I don't remember most of the night and went to bed at 9pm...Yeah don't ask lol. Last night the Bud Tav was really fun, Ben and Liam were great. Earlier yesterday, me Dave and Anton hung out, went to the Plaza, got a chocolate milkshake with honeycomb ice cream! Thanks Gus! lol! I started watching How I Met Your Mother again, can't get enough of it! Been playing computer games, and watching Star Wars...(I turn into a guy when my girl friends are gone) lol. Weather here is kinda shitty this weekend. Wanted to hit the beach, but its been overcast and chilly. Might be going to a movie with some friends later this week, Tuesday because it's cheap night, and student discount! :D Can't beat cheap these days haha. Everyone is going to Parklife next Saturday, which is a huge techno music festival. I can't go because it's too expensive, tickets are $140. But Fri is a 21st party at the Buderim house, its going to be insane, I think there's like 50 people coming! As far as this week goes, I'm not sure what else there is to do, just hang out with the guys ha, Kelly comes back on Fri YAY! I made dinner for Ben the other day, spaghetti and meatballs, he thought it was so American lol. Movies and naps today, its so rainy out and such. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment