About Me

My photo
Studing abroad in Australia at the University of Sunshine Coast!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Classes ~August 5, 2010~

This week has been very laid back and chill. We haven't done much. Mostly prepared dinner for eachother and watched TV and movies at night. Classes of course have been taking up a lot of our time. This was the first week I had my tutes as well. Class on Tuesday was easy. I like my Journalism tute a lot more than I thought I would. Both my lectures are still boring though. I changed my schedule a bit, so now instead of going longer on Tues, I have one tute on Wed 10-12. That was now I'm done at 2 instead of 4 on Tuesdays. I just got done with class today and it's 4pm. I had my first class at 8am. Grr... You guys know how much of a morning person I am...NOT! But its my Social Psychology lecture for 2 hours, and I absolutely love it. The teacher is great and the material is extremely interesting. I had the psych tute today as well and it was awesome. Had the opportunity to meet a lot of really nice great people. I am still a little nervous for the assignments due in a few weeks, but I will just have to put my best effort into it and ask for help if I'm hestitant on the information or style. Though I am quite pleased with my psych class, the most important class I am taking here is unfortunately a dissapointment. Frankly, and I apologize now for my being frank, but I think the teacher is an idiot and I am not impressed on the class at all. I want to go to sleep it's so boring. The teacher pushes for class discussiona nd enthusiasm, however knocks down what others have to say, being negative and then will go ahead, turn their words around and say the exact same thing. It's extremely annoying...and we all know how I deal with annoyances. Not very well. It took Ben (who has class with me now) stern looks for me to keep my mouth shut, because I was seriously about to voice my opinions on the material he was covering. Also, on Wed, my journalism tutor told me that I have to be careful with my writing, because she will mark me down for using American words and spellings of words. I think I have most of the differences in spelling down, but I might have to have an Aussie check my assignments so "Americanisms" don't slip in. She gave the example of "trash," though I failed in questioning which word I should use instead. Oops. Anyway, on a better note, I'm done with class until Tuesday so I have my 4-day weekend. Now I will concentrate on making a resume so I can apply for some jobs, hopefully getting lucky!
I thought I might mention some things I've noticed about Australia that's different than America. First of all, this makes me laugh, they pronouce their "H's" differently. Like "hay-tch" instead of "a-tch." And "Z" is "Zed" sometimes. I have a funny story. Yesterday, me and Seb were laying out by the pool after class, Chris joined us later and we left for lunch at their place. Chris made a steak with melted cheese on top, and 2 pancakes from breakfast with butter and syrup. Ok, being silly, he put the steak between pancakes and added cayanne pepper and steak sauce on top! YUCK! He ate the whole thing in less than 5 minutes and said he liked it. I wanted to throw up lol. Danielle made us dinner last night, steak steamed green beans and corn on the cob. It was so good! The night before that, Kelly made us dinner, cheeseburgers and salad and we had a double chocolate chip muffin for dessert. It was pretty great except the burgers were made out of ground pork instead of ground beef...Oh Kelly...lol. No, they were good. It'll be my turn to make dinner next, I actually started planning it today, I think I'll make it tomorrow though, I don't want to make a huge dinner tonight if we are going out later. Oh yeah, I cleaned my whole room on Monday and guess what? It's still clean!! :D !! I'm pretty proud of myself. I almost had a cry breakout today sitting in class. I had a swift vision of pulling onto the road that goes to Mem's house and I remember seeing that stupid purple raisin with his moving black legs and it made me really sad and I almost cried! I imagined a hug from Auntie Jeanne lol. Point is, I miss R.I. very much, can't wait to be living there soon...:D!!!
Quick update, Danielle put the video of Kelly and I jumping off the cliff on facebook, it's very short and funny (maybe I scream and look like a fool a little lol) but definately worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment