About Me

My photo
Studing abroad in Australia at the University of Sunshine Coast!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Five Weeks In ~Aug 21, 2010~

Ok, I know I'm TERRIBLE! I must be the Worst blogger ever. It's been forever since I have written, I'm so sorry! Let's try and catch up! I'm talking to Tara right now on facebook. She's getting plans started for the wedding. She wants me to look at dresses, but I don't know where to start! Getting married is such a huge step, but in the near future! It's pretty scary to think that your future husband is in the world right now, just waiting to meet you...! So, I'll go back in time a bit...I've gone out every Thurs and Sun since I stopped writing. 240V on Thurs and O'Malley's on Sun. Not last Thurs, but the Thurs before that, I went with Chris, David and my new friend Luke. He's from Chicago. That night was pretty fun, stayed until 3am and caught a taxi home with Chris, David and our friend Abby from Colorado, she's so nice and fun, and Chris's friend Lisa.David is a really good dancer, I'm glad we got to hang out that night. I always appreciate a guy who can dance! Friday's and Saturday's we all just chill out, watch movies, make dinner and lay by the pool all day. Seb studies a lot. Sunday was started out as pretty lame. No one was really going out because it was Week 4 of Uni, and that's when a lot of assessments are due. I had 2 assessments to finish by that Friday. (Which I did, so relax.) We weren't going to go out, but Alice convinced us to. So me, Kelly, Danielle, Chris, Alice and the two Germans Sascha and Chris went out to O'Malleys. It was pretty dead at first, but picked up later. I randomly started talking to this guy and we ended up talking all night. His name is Luke Harvey and he's 21 and Australian. He works as an accountant and he asked me out the next day. He took me to the movies, but he didn't pay! And a movie cost $16.50 here! I almost died! I mean it's not like I 100% expect a guy to pay, but he asked ME out, and he drove! (I guess he did buy me drinks the whole night before, and paid for my taxi home then for him to go back which all together was prob a good $70-$80) BUT, that's besides the point! Anyway, we saw Inception, which was freaking amazing, so it was worth the money. It was SO GOOD. I love me some Leo DiCaprio. Just when I think he can't get any better...! Mom, I think you should bring Dyl to see that, i bet he would really like it. Or get him to read the book :P lol. So that was pretty fun, and he has been texting me since. He went to Brisbane and the Gold Coast this weekend for his friend's bachelor party, which they call "Buck" parties. He's super Australia, talks all the lingo and is a really good surfer. He even had his surfboard in his car when he picked me up! Lol! So school has been pretty good, I go to all my tutorials and learn some interesting things, though I hate all the lectures except for my psychology. I have to admit though, school here is easier than school at SNC. Barely any tests or exams, just a lot of papers, which is harder for some people yes, but I find it easier. Even though I'm the biggest procrastinator ever, I'll definately have to work on that. Speaking of things to work on, my room looks like a rhinoceras ran through it, I need to clean is ASAP! I didn't go out on Tuesday, but went to my friend Luke's and watched Blow, a really good Johnny Depp movie. Me and Seb have just started watching Hero's together. And me and Kelly are almost done with How I Met Your Mother, which is almost my favorite now since House and The Office have seniority and semantics on their side lol.I went to 240v's again last Thursday with Ben and his friends Todd and Liam. Also, the American girls I met at LAX on the plane, Jules (who goes to Salve Regina!) April from Long Island who looks like Megan Fox (but has short short hair) and Molly who is so sweet and nice, I think from NY as wel, but maybe not. Ben drenched us all with champagne after he shook it and popped the cork into the crowd. It was actually pretty good, I got a couple free glasses. Ben bought me a couple drinks, and Kelly's roomate Matt bought me some too. I danced with him for most of the night, mostly becuase he was one of the only guys I knew there who was actually dancing. Ben and all his friends don't dance lol. Great night at 240V! Left at about 1am. Ben had a little, uh, situation, so Matt came and picked us up. He's fine now, and he refuses to talk about it with me, but I think it has something to do with a girl. I love how I get serenaded by Ben and his guitar almost every day! A girl can get used to that! :D One of Ben's friends Liam works for 240V and always takes pictures for promotional purposes, so look out for those on facebook, they are really cool! So, the next day on Friday me Kelly and Danielle spent the day in the library finishing up our assignments and turned them in. I made some fried rice for lunch and later me, Ben, Matt, another Austrlian Matt who's on crutches, Todd, another Ben from Canada, some girls, Jenna, Karen, Emma, and Miriam (I'm not really friends with them but we've met and hung out sometimes!) all went out to eat at Sizzler. I got the soup, salad, pasta and dessert buffet and I could barely move. It was a lot of fun! I tried Pavlova, which is an Aussie dessert! Holy sweet, it was very sugary, but it has fruit on the bottom, which was tasty! I should be taking more pictures of things, but I get so caught up in the moments, and I've began to get accoustomed to everything, it's hard to remember! After dinner, me Matt Ben and Liam played Call Of Duty for a couple hours. That was fun, and they watched a movie after and I started True Blood season 3. I'm pretty much addicted now. Oops lol. I stayed up until 4am one night finishing Season 2. It's so good! It's kind of like Twilight, but more sex. Like, a lot more sex. And today, me, Kelly, Danielle. Chris and Seb all hung out by the pool. There was a lot of pushing and water spraying this time which was not good for me, yet still amusing!
I really feel bad for not writing for so long! Hope this makes up for it! Hopefully this won't happen again! 'Til next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment