About Me

My photo
Studing abroad in Australia at the University of Sunshine Coast!

Monday, August 23, 2010

End of Weekend ~Aug 23, 2010~

What an end to a crazy weekend! Last night was such a random night, but a lot of "first times" for me. Saturaday night was really fun. Also, some drama too. I went out with Ben and some of his friends. Amy, Kat and Chloe are Australian,and this girl Ashley is Canadian. We drank at Todd's place, Ben's mate and they are both from Darwin. Then we went to the Pav and hung out. We all left at 11pm to get the bus. We were planning to go to Mooloolaba Pub, but ended up getting off at Friday's and just stayed there. My first time there! It was a really big place, and the first place I've been that charged a fee to get it, $5, cash only. I didn't have any cash so Ben's friend Ben paid for me, also Australian. That was really nice. There is about 3 separate areas and we all headed to the live music stage. The band was pretty good and we had some fun dancing and chatting. Ben is keen on Chloe (which means he's interested) and they have been friends for a while. Ashley got really drunk and was dancing with Ben and poor Ben had to babysit. I was dancing with Todd and stuff and the second I left him to talk to Ben, Ashley jumped on him and they started dancing and making out. So that was dumb and rude. Anyway, it was a mess, but Kat and Amy were wicked nice about it and were talking to me and stuff. So we left and went to Mackers (McDonald's). A friend bought me some food, paid $7.50 for a cheeseburger (no onion!) and a 6-nuggets! That would be $2.11 in the states off the $1 menu! Which doesn't exist here, they have a value menu and I'm pretty sure the cheapest thing is $2.95. So Kat ended up hailing us all a taxi and we went back to Uni. It was nice to meet those girls, they live across the street at Varsity, hopefully will be hanging out with them more! So Sunday Rebecca made Ben, Matt and me pancakes, which was SO nice! We all sat outside on our deck and ate and talked. I love them :) During the day, Kelly and I layed out by the pool all morning and afternoon. We then got ready to go to Buderim Tavern to watch Ben play. He does a show every Sunday at the pub and this was my first time going! We left around 2 and it was cheap night so beers were only $3.50. I usually drink a beer called Touhey's Extra Dry here, but there was a beer calledd VB (Very Best) and the boys liked that a lot more. Matt was there with us and we got introduced to a lot of Ben's friends, virtually all from Darwin. We started drinking at 2 which is the earliest I ever have! The pub was really nice, spacious and a good view, all of Sunny Coast! It was a nice day out and the staff was really funny, talking to us and they clear the tables of empty glasses right away. It's so much more clean here than back in the States, I've noticed. So we met 3 Jack's, Dave, Anton (Anthony), Gus, and were joined by Ben's friends from school Matt (crutches), Zach,Todd, Jenna, Emma,all Australian, Karen (American), and Ben (canadian). Kat, Amy and Chloe came too! Justin and his roomie Jill and Ben's friend Mia came later too! It was cool to see Justin there, we never hang out anymore, but I think we are going to catch a movie on Wed! Anyway, so music was loud, everyone was eating, drinking, dancing, chatting, taking videos and pictures, it was so much fun! Good time, I'll try and put some videos up on facebook. Ben is actually playing the guitar right now, he doesn't put that thing down I swear! Lol! So around 8pm when the music was done, the Darwin boys, (Dave, Jack and Anton) decided to have an after party at their house down the road. So everyone walked down and there was like 20 people there! The boys picked up guitars and drums and started playing and singing, having a major jam session. The house was amazing, so huge and with 2 half wrap around decks outside, one with a bar! So it was a great time, we all stayed up until 2am, people were crazy. I scored the guest bedroom and didn't get much sleep, but Kelly and I agreed it was worth it lol. We got a ride back to Uni in the morning around 9am. We were starving! We ate and ended up sleeping again from 11am-4pm! Ben made Spaghetti bolognese for us after I asked him, mmmm SO GOOD! kelly finally went back to her room, Alice even texted me because Kelly was MIA ha! I sat and chatted with people for like 2 hours on Facebook, very productive I know. But I got to talk to a very good friend of mine who I haven't talked to in a really long time, so that was very nice. :) Kat came over for a bit and chatted with Ben and me. Matt got back from Brisbane, I got to talk to Todd a bit which was nice, he's really cool. Now Ben and I are thinking about watching a movie and I have to get some sleep because I have class and a paper to write tomorrow! Ugh! And tomorrow is Tues, I wonder if anyone is going out! I went out Thurs night, Fri, Sat and Sun night, that's another first and a record for me I think! What is Aus doing to me!? Ha!
Also, the election for Prime Minister was on the 21st and for the first itme in history here, there was a tie between Julia Guillard (present PM) and Tony Abbott. I'm not sure what they have to do now, but I have been learning a lot of things about Australian government and listening to my Australin friends talk about it, it's so interesting!
So hopefully these two posts have made up a little for my absense! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment